SMALL, AFFORDABLE, SECURE, DEPENDABLE
In today's digital age, businesses of all sizes are relying on custom software applications and microservices to streamline their operations, improve efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction. However, building and hosting these applications can be a significant investment, especially for small and medium-sized businesses.
When it comes to hosting of our custom software applications and microservices, there are two main options: hosting in the cloud or on premise. Cloud hosting means that the software is hosted on remote servers that are managed by a third-party provider. On premise hosting on the other hand, means that the software is installed and runs on hardware that is located on your business's premises, it could be a server in a server room or a nano datacenter running on ARM64 based Single Board Computers.
When your project is hosted in the cloud we prefer to
This means we configure the complete environment with
containers: from the webserver/load balancer to
the cluster of
containers running your application. We try to stay
away from the
biggest cloud providers (like Amazon AWS, Google
Mircosoft Azure) because we don't like the overly
complex systems each
uses. They tend to lock you in and overprice their
services, hence you
even need a certified engineer to figure out how their
We prefer Open Standards without any lock-in whatsoever, this gives you freedom and certainty.
That's where Nodefalcon comes in - we offer affordable, dependable custom software solutions that can be hosted on a cluster of ultra small (nano) Single Board Computers (SBCs). We call it our nano datacenter it offers an enterprise class datacenter that is small, energy-efficient, affordable and unbreakable, as opposed to traditional servers. We use mini-computers based on ARM64 architecture (Aarch) that run in a cluster of 5 or more. This means that you can have all the benefits of a powerfull serverrack, without the noise, heat and energy consumption associated with traditional servers.
By running a nano datacenter on your premises, you can enjoy the following benefits:
1. Energy efficiency: A nano datacenter consumes only a fraction of the energy of a traditional server, which translates into lower energy bills and a reduced carbon footprint. Our smalles SBC only needs 10 Watt - and that is for a quad-core ARM64 cpu! A cluster of 5 SBCs consumes only 50 Watt.
2. Noise reduction: A nano datacenter is much quieter than a traditional server, making it more pleasant to work around and improving the overall office environment.
3. Scalability: Like the SBC cluster, a nano datacenter is scalable, which means that businesses can add or remove SBCs as needed to accommodate changes in traffic and demand.
4. Security: By running your own nano datacenter, you can maintain greater control over the security of your data and applications.
5. Cost savings: A nano datacenter is a cost-effective solution for businesses that want the benefits of a server without the expense of a traditional server. The SBC's we use start from around 100 euro per unit and only consume 10 Watt - saving twice on hosting costs.
Overall, running a nano datacenter on your premises is a smart choice if you want to improve the efficiency, reliability and security of your software applications and microservices. And with Nodefalcon's SBC cluster hosting solution and nano datacenter options, you have the flexibility to choose the hosting solution that best meets your needs.
We would love to hear about your project, contact us today for a meeting.